As an iPhone user you will benefit from many features that this mobile device provides. There are many individuals willing to be in the possession of the latest version of this innovative cell phone that is equipped with functions that go far beyond the simple ones of a mobile phone. It means that you have all sorts of features to make use of, other than answering the phone calls. As such you can listen to music, send emails, benefit from GPS function, send instant messages, and take good quality pictures, among a wide variety of other things. But it may happen for your iPhone to need restoring to its original settings, the ones with which your iPhone was released from the factory. This happens when you must repair a damage that has occurred to your device as a result of an unauthorized software download. Check with the steps from below to learn how to have your iPhoine restored:
- The first thing that you need to do is to check whether or not this restoration is necessary. You should keep in mind that through this procedure any of your existing saved data will be deleted. This includes videos, contacts, pictures and music.
- The next thing to do is obviously having your data backup. Connect the device to the computer and iTunes must instantly be launched. You will be able to see the device name on the left side of the screen which indicates that your iPhone is connected. The data transfer from your device to computer should get started.
- iTunes will display iPhone information page with two buttons on the right side and you should next click on “Restore” button to move to the next step.
- At this point you will be warned that through restoration all your data will be deleted and then click again “Restore”. After the backup is done, the restoration process will run again.
- Your iPhone will display an icon indicating that the iTunes link is set and once this icon disappears it means that your iPhone has become active.
- The next step is automatically restoring the iPhone from settings that have been used to backup to the system. This process may take you a while, so it is important not to remove the iPhone while this is still running within the system.